Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hwy 47

With the weather clear I decided to take the opportunity and take the Concours  for a short ride in one of may favorite areas. Yamhill County, this  is where a large majority of Oregon's Wine is grown. I took off and headed north on 217 to 26 west. I figured the easiest was to get out of town was to hit the Hwy. From 26 I headed thrugh North Plains towards Forrest Grove. I connected with Hwy 47. This is a great way to see the best of Oregon wine country. I headed through Gaston toward the City of Yamhill. The great think about Hwy way 47 is that its a great combination of well paved roads nice sweepers and beautiful scenery. As I headed to Yamhill I passed Kason Vineyards.  One of my personal favorites for Pinot. I headed through the vineyards as the sun started to set. I got to McMinville and connected with 99w and headed back towards Tigard  through Dundee and Newberg.  All together I rode about 80 miles through some amazing country but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but will try to get better about that in the future.

No comments: